This is a fair question that comes from a very common observation.
- So many people can do forward splits and not center splits.
- And many who can do full straddles can’t do left or right ones.
Middle, Center or Side Split
Open Front Split
True Front Split
The Adductor Muscles
- Adductors are stretched when the leg goes back (back leg of front splits),
- when the leg goes forward (front leg of front splits)
- AND when legs go side to side (as in straddle/center split).
So why for example, everyone who can do a front split can’t also do a middle split? After all, shouldn’t her adductors already be stretched from doing the forward splits?
Factors to Consider
- For example the fact that adductors are also stretched due to lateral rotation in the center (side) split.
- Scar tissue and joint injury can be another.
Try This Exercise
You might also like...
Today your tightest stretch will become easy…
Have you ever been so tight in a stretch, you could not even start the stretch? You are not alone, many people have...
Recent Findings on Causes of Tight Hip Flexors and Simple Solutions
In this article I won’t even talk about Zaichik Stretching Techniques. A lot of people still use the simple lunge str...
Share this post