Imagine you are looking at two people:
- Both are doing exactly the same True (Squared) Front Splits.
- Both have legs 180 degrees apart and are sitting comfortably on the floor.
While on the surface they are doing the same thing. Kinesiologically, their hips and spines are doing something very different.
Watch the video explanation here:
Functional Front Split - A split with legs 180 degrees apart, regardless of how the pelvis is tilted, how curved the spine is, and which muscles are stretched.
Structural Front Split- A split with neutral spine, even stretch coming from front and rear leg. Ideally 90 degrees hip flexion in the front leg and 90 degrees hips extension in the rear leg.
The majority of people develop their splits through the flexibility of the hamstrings and lower back. With neglect towards hip flexors flexibility.
The advantage of a functional split is that it is easier to get for most people. The advantage of the structural split is that it is safer, allows better mobility and application. Developing hip flexors flexibility is the key to a structural front split.
This is what we recommend:
If you already have a functional split and want a structural one? This is a program you need!
If you don't have a split yet you might as well start working on a good structural split from the beginning with this program here.
Let us show you how to achieve an
Open Front Split, True Front Split and a Side Split Fast, Safe and Easy!
Our programs are scientifically based and created by
a world-renowned fitness & flexibility expert Paul Zaichik
This program contains 27 videos focusing on:
- Mobility exercises for each joint, to keep your joints healthy and lubricated.
- Specific warmup exercises to gradually prepare your body for a split.
- Zaichik Stretching Techniques for each muscle involved in a split, so that your flexibility improves right away without pain.
- Extended Length Conditioning exercises, so that you not only become flexible but strong as well.
- Reciprocal Inhibition, plus Movement and Habituation Techniques, for functional flexibility.
Check out what other customers are saying about the program:
You might also like...
- Today your tightest stretch will become easy…
Have you ever been so tight in a stretch, you could not even start the stretch? You are not alone, many people have...
- Recent Findings on Causes of Tight Hip Flexors and Simple Solutions
In this article I won’t even talk about Zaichik Stretching Techniques. A lot of people still use the simple lunge str...
Share this post